Recently, I (Carla) participated in a photoshoot for Union Swimwear. Yes, this was completely out of my comfort zone. Yes, I didn’t really know many people, and yes, I am very thankful I pushed through my fears and did this. I got to spend time with some incredible women pursuing all sorts of things. As well as be a part of union swimwear’s journey to sharing their product.
I often put myself in a box, which I think a lot of us do. I tell myself, I can’t do this because of my body type, or my personality isn’t outgoing enough to actually talk to someone with more followers than me on Instagram. It is so easy to tear yourself down and forget how important you truly are. I know we have been hearing a lot lately about “body positivity” and I often struggle with that phrase. I want to honor my body for what it has accomplished, what it has gone through these past few years, but that its okay to still strive for a healthier size and weight. Still look towards a goal that is challenging but attainable. I feel that being positive about your body is even if you aren’t in your ideal BMI, it doesn’t mean you should hide under a rock and never come out. As long as you are pursuing a healthy life and you are honored to be in the body you are in. That in mind is the definition of body positivity. Be the best you, and make sure your goals are your goals and not something unattainable.
I AM WORTHY OF BEING DOCUMENTED. this is a sentence Jenna Kutcher shares in one of her podcasts. I catch myself so easily taking photos of my coffee, kids, sidewalk, etc and posting it way faster than overanalyzing a photo of myself.
So here is a positive post about Carla:
- I love to play volleyball and if you called me right now I would come to play.
- Sushi should be my middle name.
- I go to the gym and eat smart sweets 4-7X a week.
- When I read, I usually struggle with being in reality if the book is deep and based on true life.
- I actually love to argue. I know when I do, it means that the relationship matters to me and its worth having intense fellowship over.
- I enjoy striving for a minimalistic lifestyle and
- my ultimate goal is to have all small business, ethically sourced, sustainable fashion wardrobe. My favorite (free of guilt) thing I love to do, is able to share with you who made my clothes, what kind of fabric and why I chose that specific item.
I am turning 30 this year and I want to do something big for you all! So stay tuned, keep your notifications on. and if you know anything about me, you probably already know what kind of big thing will happen.
Special Thanks to all these ladies above starting from the left
Photo Credit Julie Jagt photography
And of course Union Swimwear!
P.S make sure you check out our shop!