We are excited to team up with Union Swimwear, put a spotlight on this great bathing suit company locally to Vancouver and shares the same heart we have for being socially conscious and living purposefully. here are some of their answers to the why’s and who they are! check it out and see the giveaway at the bottom!
What do you do?
- Professional Accountant by day, swimsuit aficionado by night, I’m a Vancouver local hoping to inspire others in their careers. I obtained her Business Degree in 2007 and started her professional accounting career at a large international accounting firm (PricewaterhouseCoopers) downtown Vancouver. In 2009, I managed to obtain her Master’s degree in Accounting from the University of Saskatchewan and successfully pass the Chartered Accountant’s exam that fall. In 2010, I accepted a work opportunity in Melbourne, Australia where she spent two and a half years auditing large-scale public mining companies for PricewaterhouseCoopers Melbourne. 2015 was an exciting year when I got the opportunity to work in lululemon’s finance department as the Manager of Financial Reporting. These days, I live my life outside the box (or outside the office) working full-time from home for TELUS’s finance department. The lack of commute and efficiency in her day-to-day allows me to pursue all the side hustles, from real estate to financial consulting to starting a Swimwear company!
What is something you are motivated by?
- I am a big believer in the concept of Kaizen. It’s the Japanese word for improvement or change for better. It’s all about continuous improvement and is a long-term approach to work that systematically seeks to achieve small, incremental changes in processes in order to improve efficiency and quality. If I can improve my life, my work, my habits, my friendships by a small amount each and every day – I truly believe this will make a lasting impact on the world.
- I also think a lot about my legacy – what are people going to remember me by when I’m gone. This is where UNION swimwear comes into play. UNION Swimwear is socially responsible and the reversible one-piece swimsuits are cute AF. A portion of our profits is donated to HOPE International Development Agency (HOPE International) – specifically to provide clean water to communities in need. HOPE International exists to improve the supply of basic human necessities for the neediest of the developing world through self-help activities and to challenge, educate, and involve North Americans regarding development issues. UNION Swimwear has recently donated enough to purchase our first well in Cambodia. You can look at the coordinates here.
Something that you want to inspire others with,
- I am a huge fan of Tony Robbins, Wayne Dyer, Louise Hay, etc. I’d like to pass the inspiration that I’ve gotten from these role models to everyone. My favorite quotes/teachings from each:
- Tony Robbins: Trade your expectations for appreciation and your whole world changes in an instant.
- Wayne Dyer: If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
- Louise Hay: Create a practice of daily affirmations. I have an app called think up where I’ve recorded positive affirmations. You choose background music and I play these affirmations while I’m getting ready in the morning or when I’m working.
Why did you say yes to being interviewed?
- I love meeting new people, experiencing new things, and creating new connections. I got a great vibe from Carla. I’m all about good vibes.
What is your side hustle? Brand rep? Hobby?
- I have a few:
- As mentioned in #3 under passions – UNION Swimwear my newest side hustle.
- I do financial consulting on the side for small publically traded companies that don’t have in-house accounting departments. I prepare the financial statements and MD&A’s that are listed quarterly on the TSX for a few companies at the moment. I would love to get into more consulting involving start-ups and small businesses.
- I also own a few properties that I rent out currently. I’d like to get more into the air bnb space or corporate rentals with my place downtown this summer.
- I also love the endorphins and serotonin that I get from working out. I work out 6 times a week (2 times with a trainer).
- I have a love for cooking/baking! On Sundays, I try to meal prep for the week – do a big grocery shop and make all my breakfasts and lunches so that I don’t make bad decisions during the week.
what is something you appreciate about Feather & Mane
- What I’ve learned over the past 10 or so years since starting my professional career as an accountant – nothing else matters than the people you surround yourself with and the relationships you make. So the people of feather and mane is the one thing I appreciate most. Carla was so amazing when we first connected – figuring out how we can help each other. Putting her hand up for UNION ask I was putting out through Vancity Business Babes – takes a lot of courage and I truly appreciate it. Also, the event they’re hosting next weekend on Living with Purpose – I respect and appreciate anyone that’s trying to make a positive impact in their community.
GIVEAWAY!! CLOSED WINNER WAS KIRSTEN CAMPBELL
Let’s do a suit giveaway! Follow @union.swimwear and Feather & Mane + tag a friend and let us know how you’re living with purpose?
Places you can find this giveaway!
- Facebook of feather and mane
- Instagram of Feather and Mane
- @union.swimwear on Instagram
- Our website is: www.unionswimwear.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/union.swimwear/
THANKS FOR JOINING US!
this is a private contest endorsed by Union Swimwear and Feather & Mane. Must be Canadian Resident, in order to win you must be following at least one of our handles (both feather and mane and union swimwear), comment on a platform, and like the post. extra entries for sharing and commenting on multiple union swimwear and feather & mane platforms. the contest will run from Friday, April 20th- Monday April 24th 9PM. Winner will be announced on Tuesday, April 25th.
Feather & Mane